3/31/2009

We Have Band

Photos by Mikael Gregorsky.

SXSW recap: I made the mistake of going to see way too many Djs this year at SXSW. I heard everyone play pretty much the same set over and over. It was lackluster and disappointing. The live acts I did see were awful. Kanye sucked! His "Good Music" showcase was pretty lame. Seeing Dead Prez's surprise guest performance beforehand was way better, but they got fucked in to being stuck on the DJ stage. The good live acts I did see were Kap10kurt, Codebreaker, Vega, the Twelves, Quaff, and We Have Band. We Have Band was by far the most entertaining. Everything about them is just right. They're a three part group that look as good as they play. I expect that they will blow up in the near future. Here is their cover of The Pet Shop Boys' West End Girls.

We Have Band - West End Girls (Pet Shop Boys Cover)

No comments: