12/16/2008

Prince Klassen is the man.

prince klassen

Prince Klassen is one of my favorite DJs from Texas, and I recently learned he's also quite a good producer too! Klassen started Djing when he was 14! Daaaamn! That isnt even fair. When I was 14, I was still playing with action figures. I feel so inferior. Originally from San Antonio, he now lives in Austin where he holds down a weekly and a monthly. I would describe most of Klassen's edits as funky goodness. He's chopped up everybody from Chromeo to Aretha Franklin, but it all seems to be held together quite well by a fresh disco funk beat. Today we're offering you my FIVE FAVORITE Prince Klassen edits. That's one generous dude! He sent me about 12 I think, but I dont want B to have to do the links for 12 different songs. Be sure to check out Prince Klassen's blog that he writes on with the Spank Rock guys, Fully Fitted for some more awesomeness, and enjoy all the edits!

Rod Lee - Shake off (prince klassen young professional edit) [YSI]

Mark Ronson feat. Santogold - Pretty Green (prince klassen young professional edit) [YSI]

Bird Peterson - Shook (prince klassen young professional edit) [YSI]

Chromeo - My girl Is Calling Me (A Liar) (prince klassen young professional edit) [YSI]

Aretha Franklin - Jump To It (prince klassen young professional edit) [YSI]

No comments: